We’re trying to stay as anonymous as possible because we all want to have futures and we extend that courtesy to you as well. So we won’t credit your confession unless you expressly ask us to (no one has so far). As a huge supporter of camping and the outdoors, we don’t want any of these confessions to reflect poorly on the organizations that made us stronger people so we won’t be naming any specific camps either, unless they are submitted with approval by an official representative. We’ve been sticking to general camp topics to hopefully widen our appeal but we are supportive of specific types of camps and the confessions that come with them. Feel free to submit whatever.
We will accept all submissions but we will choose what to post to avoid repetition and issues with any of the concerns above. As far as submissions for confessions- if you don’t see your exact submission there are several possibilities:
1) it is really similar to a confession that has already been written*
2) it’s in the inbox, or in organizing/editing to go to the queue, or in the queue all of which varies in length at any given time**
3) we tweaked it a bit to make it more general
4) we tweaked it a bit to make it more of a confession and less of a moment/expression/statement thingy.
5) your submission was very obviously anti-camper or something we considered in bad taste. If you’re curious, feel free to message us and as but we don’t veto things very often.
6) look at reason #1. Then go back through the archives and I bet it’s one of the early ones.
*If your submission is about showers, there is a very good chance it is too similar to others. If your submission is about how camp is better than the rest of the world, there is a very good chance it is too similar to others. If your submission is about how camp has greatly impacted who you are as a person, there is a very good chance that it is too similar to others. Please be more specific if you feel your confession is unique and please scroll through the archive before submitting it.
** Please refer to the screen shot in March. The inbox can be HUGE and doesn’t even show the in editing confessions.