We’ve received several questions about what to get the special campy person in your life so without further ado, our thoughts:
- Gear can be (relatively) expensive so make sure that you have a good idea of what is wanted by your friend or at least keep receipts.
- Whether your explorer is a CamelBak or Nalgene person, water containers take some wear and tear. Replacing bite valves, screw tops, spill guards, or even bottles themselves are a safe bet. For a little extra, fill the container with their favorite candy.
- A Buff, headlamp, or other flashlight. All great accessories if your friend is lacking.
- Socks. Dumbledore had it right, especially when it comes to decent hiking socks.
- If your special someone loves lounging in their hammock, grab a travel pillow to enhance their relaxation.
- Pressed flowers for decoration. Bringing the outside indoors.
- A gift card to your local outdoor store. It might be a little plain but it gets the job done.
What campy items are on your list? What great finds are you giving to your friends this year?
How to pack a backpack
-Heavy items nearest to your back
-Lighter items outside
-Sleeping bag on the bottom
-Rain jacket/map/snacks on top pouch
-Clothes/sleeping pad in middle
-Food/cooking equipment on top
-Camera/knife belt pocket
Can anyone guess what the map is of on the top?